[SOLVED] cpu edc reaches 99%

Nov 1, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to read this and helping me out if you choose to do so,

Lately when I have playing games my fps has dropped by as much as 60% and found out that my EDC CPU has gotten to 99-100% of 99 A. I don't know a whole lot about this but I heard it has something to do with the VRAM. I am unsure of how to fix this and if anyone knows how then I would much appreciate if you can help me out.

Thank you again

Solution
EDC is part of the CPU's specifications, not the motherboard's. It simply means that that is the maximum peak current draw of the CPU as a safety for the VRM. A good motherboard is often capable of supplying much more than the EDC.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and helping me out if you choose to do so,

Lately when I have playing games my fps has dropped by as much as 60% and found out that my EDC CPU has gotten to 99-100% of 99 A. I don't know a whole lot about this but I heard it has something to do with the VRAM. I am unsure of how to fix this and if anyone knows how then I would much appreciate if you can help me out.

Thank you again
Nothing to do with VRAM as that's on GPU. What system ?

I'm a bit confused by what you mean by what system but if you're asking for the specs they are,

Ryzen 7 2700
MSI B450 Tomahawk Motherboard
16GB DDR4 Ram
GIGABYTE Radeon RX 570 4GB
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
Antec 750w psu
As I said, V(ideo)RAM is on your GPU, BIOS doesn't include it, perhaps you meant VRM (Voltage Regulating Module). ? In that case don't worry about EDC as that's an 8 core CPU

MasterMadBones

Distinguished
EDC is part of the CPU's specifications, not the motherboard's. It simply means that that is the maximum peak current draw of the CPU as a safety for the VRM. A good motherboard is often capable of supplying much more than the EDC.

Last edited:
Solution