[SOLVED] CPU EZ Debug flashes once, no further startup respons - MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX

Oct 15, 2020
Been trying to check the forums for any guidance, but no thread related to only a brief flash of the mobo CPU EZ debug light seems to be around.

Newly built. Disconnected everything except pcu and jfp1 connectors (Power switch pins has been checked several times and been shortened too). The only response I get is a brief flash of red cpu ez debug light. I read that any gpu issue might show up in the cpu light, would that make any sense? I have a limited amount of supplies to investigate further...

Specs:
MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x16 ddr4

TIA

Solution
There is NO graphics on ANY Ryzen system unless you have a "G" model CPU, like the 3400G, 3200G, etc. The regular Ryzen models like the 3600, 3600x, 3700x, etc. do NOT have integrated graphics and NO motherboards since back in the early AM3+ days has had any onboard graphics at all.
You've checked EVERYTHING at the following link, and have pulled the CPU to check for bent pins or incorrect installation?

Pulled the graphics card and memory and reinstalled them? Same for the ATX 24 pin and EPS 4+4 pin motherboard power connectors?

Connected the auxiliary power cables to the graphics card, if it uses any?

Oct 15, 2020
Sry missed the GPU, coolmaster elite 600v4. No gpu as of now.

Took out the mobo and put it on a piece of cardboard. Plugged in the 24 and 8 pin, now there is no flashing of red cpu light, bot also no other indications. Very new to these things but I’m leaning towards cpu, mobo or psu being faulty. Would it make any sense?

There is NO graphics on ANY Ryzen system unless you have a "G" model CPU, like the 3400G, 3200G, etc. The regular Ryzen models like the 3600, 3600x, 3700x, etc. do NOT have integrated graphics and NO motherboards since back in the early AM3+ days has had any onboard graphics at all.

Solution
Oct 15, 2020
Thnx for the info but would that however prevent the mobo from trying to boot. I would think at least a steady red light should come on then

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
I wouldn't fret it too much. According to your use case and a few extra dollars, you could likely go with any of the (xx)50(ti) or less cards and be just fine. I mean, if gaming isn't what this is going to be used for you could go really inexpensive and not even need additional connectors.

neojack

Reputable
Apr 4, 2019
what do you plan this PC for ?

for a home cinema PC, at 1080p a GT1030 will be good. 750ti is popular choice but no driver updates so i don't recommend it.

for office work , anything compatible with windows 10 will do.

you can also return your CPU and buy a G-series : ryzen 3200G / 3400G