Cpu ez debug light on while 2 ram modules are installed

Jul 4, 2018
Hello! I would like to understand why my mobo's ez debug is showing that something is wrong with my cpu and is not posting only when both or my ram modules are installed. If one of them is faulty shouldnt i be able to see something anyway?
Im using
msi b350m gaming pro
Ryzen 5 2400g
2x4gb 2400Mhz Patriot viper ram

Solution
Hello,

Easy test for your situation:

1. Try booting with only 1st RAM stick in 1st DIMM slot
2. Try booting with only 2nd RAM stick in 1st DIMM slot
3. Try booting with only 1st RAM stick in 2nd DIMM slot
4. Try booting with only 2nd RAM stick in 2nd DIMM slot

With this combinations you are checking if sticks are working fine and if both DIMM slots are working fine.
Also check on internet if those RAM sticks are compatible with that specific processor. (But I don't see a reason why they shouldn't be)

If one stick is faulty system won't boot. That's why I suggest you to test them separately to determine who is faulty, 1st stick, 2nd stick or one of the DIMM slots.

I hope this helps.

cyber-what

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2013
Hello,

Easy test for your situation:

1. Try booting with only 1st RAM stick in 1st DIMM slot
2. Try booting with only 2nd RAM stick in 1st DIMM slot
3. Try booting with only 1st RAM stick in 2nd DIMM slot
4. Try booting with only 2nd RAM stick in 2nd DIMM slot

With this combinations you are checking if sticks are working fine and if both DIMM slots are working fine.
Also check on internet if those RAM sticks are compatible with that specific processor. (But I don't see a reason why they shouldn't be)

If one stick is faulty system won't boot. That's why I suggest you to test them separately to determine who is faulty, 1st stick, 2nd stick or one of the DIMM slots.

I hope this helps.

Solution