Question CPU ezdebug light red, fans running, screen black

Kr1

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2013
Hi all,

I recently built my PC and actually got it running for a couple of days no issues.

I was playing BF2042 yesterday, took a break w/o shutting down the PC, and then fell asleep. To be honest, i do not remember if the game was still running when i took the break/fell asleep.

Next morning the PC appeared to have gone to standby (powerbutton blinking), and i went to work. Now i tried to start the PC:
  • all fans are spinning
  • g.skill ram are rgb'ing
  • red ezdebug light on for CPU
  • screen stays black
I reseated the CPU, all pins in good shape, good thermal paste coverage on top, same result...

Did I fry my CPU?

Hardware:

MB: x570-a pro
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x
GPU: SAPPHIRE RX 6600 XT PULSE
SSD: Corsair Force MP600
HDD: CRUCIAL P1 1TB
RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo, DDR4
PSU: Cooler Master MWE Bronze V2 - 600 Watt

Many thanks in advance and kind regards,
Chris

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
How old is the PSU in your build? As for the build, might want to see if disconnecting from the wall and display and then removing the CMOS battery from the motherboard for at least 30 minutes before replacing it changes what you're experiencing with the build. Crucial don't make a P1 version of HDD's...just an FYI. You mean second SSD. Remove drives that don't have the OS on it and see if that changes your experience as well.

Kr1

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2013
The PSU is about 1y old though ive not used it until about 1 week ago.

Sorry, not sure i understand what you mean by "disconnecting from the wall and display" - could you please elaborate?

Thanks for schooling me about about Crucial, too!

Cheers,
Chris

Last edited:

Kr1

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2013
Ok, so i removed, then reinstalled the battery, removed all drives, except the OS relevant one. GPU and RAM i left in there. Then started the PC. Now the ez debug light is red on VGA and the screen still stays black.

Would repeating above steps and also removing the GPU help?

Kr1

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2013
Hi all,

I am still stuck.

So far i have removed: the battery, all peripherals and drives (keeping the OS), GPU, and the RAM. Since the ez debug light is red on VGA and the screen still stays black i tried to flash BIOS. Nothing is helping... does anyone have clue what i could do?

Many thanks!
Chris