[SOLVED] CPU EZDEBUG super confused?????????

Wadaly

Honorable
Jun 5, 2014
My computer overheated a few weeks ago because my liquid cooling tubes leaked so I cleaned my pc out and everything was working fine but it stopped working the other day. It failed to POST and the CPU EZDEBUG led was on. The only component that touched the coolant is the RAM but it wasn't too bad and the cooling system is only connected to the GPU. I've tried basically every solution (flash bios, clear CMOS, reseat everything, testing different components, etc.) but I do know a few things.

• There is nothing wrong with the PSU and PSU/CPU socket
  • There is nothing wrong with the GPU and PSU/GPU socket
  • There is nothing wrong with the hard drive
  • The fans on the case and CPU heatsink works perfectly fine
  • The CPU looks fine (no bent pins, no burnt appearance)
  • The motherboard looks fine. (no corrosion or damaged appearance, and the EZDEBUG LEDs work)
So basically, I've narrowed it down to either the RAM or CPU socket on the motherboard (or maybe the CPU???) being broken. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks

Here are my specs
  • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
  • GIGABYTE RTX 2080 Waterforce WB -> Replaced with a normal EVGA RTX 2070 super because I'm done with liquid cooling
  • G.SKILL RIPJAWS V DDR4 4 x 4GB RAM
  • XFX PRO 650W PSU

Solution
Each memory stick tried individually in different slots?

Memory is certainly the cheapest thing here to try replacing, but if none of them show any sign of working, it could very well be the CPU that took the damage.

If you have another DDR4 system, try your memory in that.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Each memory stick tried individually in different slots?

Memory is certainly the cheapest thing here to try replacing, but if none of them show any sign of working, it could very well be the CPU that took the damage.

If you have another DDR4 system, try your memory in that.

Solution

Wadaly

Honorable
Jun 5, 2014

Yeah, I've tried inserting them individually into different slots but that didn't work. I guess I need a new CPU