Question CPU failure or? RTX 2060 GPU

Aug 4, 2020
Hi, so i recently had my computer shut down while i was in lobby on call of duty where i had been playing for a bunch of hours in a row, computer just reboots and since then whenever i enter a tasking game it shuts down, league of legends doesnt seem to trigger this. I recently (6 months ago) upgraded by computer to RTX 2060 GPU but im stilling running a 4 year old 750w power supply. Just before i made this thread i had my computer reboot from just being on google chrome, theres no BSOD or anything like it just straight up reboots.
I had this issue with my last GPU too, 1050 Ti but plopping in new GPU seemed to fix this issue, what would usually be the cause for computer rebooting? Ive been playing call of duty relentlessly ever since i upgraded my computer so the game itself isnt an issue.
I also did check for updates but apparently graphics card havent updated in a while, plus that it shut down mid game would imply that it wasnt caused by update, because graphics card doesnt upgrade while youre in game right?

A rig simply powering itself or hard resetting under load is often indicative of a PSU fault. Most would swap it with a known good one before worrying about any other potential causes... (When you do swap it, please do NOT mix modular cables between PSUs, as they have different pinouts at the PSU insertion connection points, and this can be catastrophic when cables intended for one PSU are mixed with another)

Aug 4, 2020
Its a cooler master G650, but again its like 4 years old. By the looks of it, it seems like its sort of complex to swap PSU? Like theres some wires going into the PSU and i have to connect them to the entire computer, how do i avoid connecting them wrong? Would be great if its just the PSU thats getting too old.

I might add i got ryzen 5 1600 and 16GB DDR4 ram ontop of 2060GTX, what power supply would be ideal if i were to swap my G650 cooler master?

Last edited: