Reputable
Jun 24, 2015
hello guys, i am gamer for years ,my is
GPU:1060 6gb
CPU:i5 6500
motherboard: asus z170-p d3
ram:gskil Trident dual channel 2400
2 ssds..

i am getting frame drops in games without reason and i am trying to find out whats the problem,is my cpu dying? when i alt tab from games to chrome even league legends it mini freezes every time for 0.1 to 0.5 sec ,is it a sign that my cpu is dying? i am trying to find out because my pc shouldn't lag ,i have drops on fortnite with everything at low setting but i play with 140 fps with drops to 20-50 every 2-3 sec or randomly,any ideas ? thanks

I doubt the cpu is defective, but if you monitor the load and that game is the only thing causing it then a platform upgrade is advised. Especially modern day games call for more than 4 cores. Third gen ryzen will be releasing in the next month or two so there will be deals on cost per core as well as deals on previous second gen. If I were you, i'd wait 1-2 moths and do a cpu motherboard (2 x 8gb 3200 mhz) memory kit combo upgrade.

Nikos Uchiha

Reputable
Jun 24, 2015
I doubt the cpu is defective, but if you monitor the load and that game is the only thing causing it then a platform upgrade is advised. Especially modern day games call for more than 4 cores. Third gen ryzen will be releasing in the next month or two so there will be deals on cost per core as well as deals on previous second gen. If I were you, i'd wait 1-2 moths and do a cpu motherboard (2 x 8gb 3200 mhz) memory kit combo upgrade.

i will do the same probably but something is goin on with my pc its not normal on super low settings