Apr 5, 2019
let me start this off by saying i dont 100% know that it is thermal throttling causing the problem but i have tried everything else and this seems to be the most likely problem. A day ago i installed my AMD FX-8350 in my computer and when i booted up csgo i noticed my cpu Clock would go from 4Ghz to 1.36Ghz randomly and this would cause a huge fps drop i have tried setting the core clock in the bios i turned off amd cool n quiet and that seemed to help some but did not solve the problem i checked core temp and it shows my cpu temps at 120 degrees all the way up to 255 degrees which would fry my computer so i think the motherboard heat sensor is broken causing my computer to think it needs to thermal throttle to get the temps back down. is there any way to fix this? Thank you for any help in advance.

The OP might be able to at least meet the 95 watt TDP mandate by manually selecting a multiplier of 35, etc.. (If we investigate other CPUs that were 95 watt TDP and supported with the same number of cores, perhaps we can emulate those power needs...