Question CPU fan always on max

Dec 7, 2021
Hi,

I have this problem I think forever I don't remember my pc to sound any different. Recently I discovered that it's always on 2133 or around that number never below no matter what. My temperature is 55 still same speed, I do nothing no difference in sound sounds the same as I play a game. I tried most of the solutions I found on the internet and still no results. I tried the optimal/performance thing from windows, 20%, 5 %, i restarted bios settings I think it said load UEFI default something, I did that. What I found interesting or maybe it's not at all is that when I'm in bios my temperature is 75-76 and ass soon as i get on desktop and open msi afterburner it's 55-50 actually, makes no sense why would be so hot then or I have no idea. I am no good at PC-s so if anyone has any solutions please help me all I want is a quieter room when im not gaming at least, it's loud I notice this now more than ever I think as I moved in a really quiet area. I attached a photo with the temperature on bios. I tried also to seect the silent mode from bios instead of standard.

I have Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 / 6B RAM / AMD Ryzen 5 1600x Six Core Processoe

f0bHJ2P.jpeg

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need a little more information from your end. When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU+CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Please add the age of the PSU in your build apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard? 6B Ram ?

Fans are normally noisier before Windows has loaded and had a chance to slow them down.

What are your temps right after Windows has loaded with no games or any other applications running?

Is it important to you that temps are say 60 rather than say 70 at any given moment?

Dec 7, 2021
Motherboard: AS Rock AB350 Pro4
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Monitor: Alienware AW2521HFLA
SSD/HDD: SSD
RAM: 8 i wrote wrong first time 6
I have my case off so I see here Kingston, PCI Express 3.0 i dont know if this help
This pc is quite old maybe-3-4 years i'd say, bought all assembled
is this correct? i don't know how ti find the other ones, sorry.

-----
after windows loaded up, just open the pc is low like 50-55, right now too temperature is 46 reached 35 just now

Dec 7, 2021
Actually the big fan, all the way in the back, is called the case fan or something had trouble spinning and i had to push it everytime and for quite a while now is dead, not spining at all. and now sometimes one from the front 2 has troubles starting and i push it too but rarely. they feel weak these other fans That's why i have my case off.

I have 7 fans in total including the 2 below the card or how is called

You obviously have major cooling problems.

Nearly all PCs will have reasonable temps with a maximum of 4 fans.....1 on the cooler and up to 3 somewhere in the case. I use only 3 total.

Throw away the fans that are problems.

Identify the good fans, put one in the front, one in the exhaust, one on the cooler, and see what your temps are.

Your CPU fan is apparently spinning above 2000 rpm.

It may be getting little or no help from other fans.

If your fans are fairly small (under 4 inches across), they will tend to make more noise and move less air than you would prefer.

But we know nothing about your fans other than you have 7 of unknown quality.

Dec 7, 2021
Sorry man.
I don't know nothing about pc stuff maybe this thread was a mistake as I can't even answer questions. If an admin is here please delete this or lock it as I don't think I can do that myself.