CPU fan and PC fans still on after I shut down through the Windows start menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 3, 2018
For the past 6 months my computer has not been able to shut down completely, no matter the time given after I press the shut down button through windows. Whenever I press the shutdown button on the start menu, it will go through the circle screen with shutdown on it, and then shut off the screen, but my PC fans and CPU fan stay on. I haven't checked my GPU fan, but I wouldnt be surprised if it didn't shut off either. The only way my PC will shut down full is if I hold down the power button. My PC won't actually restart either, since I guess the PC doesn't shutdown all the way, so I have to hold the power button down to manually restart it during windows updates, etc. If I can fix this issue, I think it will help fix the other issues with Windows that I am having.

I have tried turning off fast start in Windows and some person on another forum said to not allow some Intel management to do something after shutdown

Solution
the efi bios may have locked up had that issue on my asus mb.take the power off the mb and clear the cmos. if the error is gone then do the bios update. if it still there try updating the bios.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Its possible the bios is the source of your problems, It could be a power setting in the bios that is not in agreement with windows 10,

Have you tried resetting bios to default settings?

What motherboard do you have? Do you have newest BIOS for it?

Jul 3, 2018

I have not tried resetting my bios or updating it, sorry for the late reply been on vacation for the past week.
Should I try to download the newest update for my BIOS? are there any risks to that?

Status
Not open for further replies.