[SOLVED] CPU Fan and RAM Clearance

Dec 4, 2021
Hey. To those who may be knowledgeable about this - much appreciated 🙏🙂

But I am facing an issue with my current setup with regards to RAM clearance. My CPU cooler “Thermalright Macho Rev.B” is overlapping/blocking the first RAM slot (currently using 2nd & 4th slot) so it doesn’t allow me to use all four slots.

So I was thinking of replacing the cooler for a NOCTUA NH-U14S instead. Will this be compatible for the following components/hardware to eliminate the RAM clearance issue?:

• MB: ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS
• RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB LED Pro White DDR4 3200MHz
• Intel CPU Core i9 I9-10900KF

Solution
Certainly should work fine. It's one of the best single tower coolers out there.

I have used a very similar U12S Noctua with great results. As you must know, they don't overhang RAM slots.

The U14S should come with correct mounting hardware for both AMD and Intel....as well as thermal paste, a low noise adapter that you probably would never need, and an extra fan clip in case you eventually want to use 2 fans on the cooler....also an unlikely requirement.

You might visit Noctua web site to confirm compatibility with your motherboard. They have good documentation on that point. I don't use AMD, so there is some chance of incompatibility. I'd be surprised if incompatible.
Certainly should work fine. It's one of the best single tower coolers out there.

I have used a very similar U12S Noctua with great results. As you must know, they don't overhang RAM slots.

The U14S should come with correct mounting hardware for both AMD and Intel....as well as thermal paste, a low noise adapter that you probably would never need, and an extra fan clip in case you eventually want to use 2 fans on the cooler....also an unlikely requirement.

You might visit Noctua web site to confirm compatibility with your motherboard. They have good documentation on that point. I don't use AMD, so there is some chance of incompatibility. I'd be surprised if incompatible.

Reactions: CWSuez
Solution