[SOLVED] CPU fan control

Mar 3, 2022
hi , i wanted to control my cpu fan , i used to use MSI Dragon Center , to control my cpu fan speed , but i deleted it because it seems , its not a good app .
i installed speedfan software , but it doesn't show CPU PWM section i can change my fan speed , i have no idea what to do with speedfan , or any other apps to use for changing my cpu fan speed .

(My System)
MB : MSI H510M-PRO
RAM : ADATA 3200 8gx2
CPU : Intel I5 , 11400
GPU : Asus GTX 1650 (4g) GDDR6
Cooling : Green Notus 95
PSU : Green GP600A-GED (600W Bronze)

Solution
thnaks for the info , i have heared from different sources that 65-75c is ok while gaming , until it doesn't reach 80c (its at high risk) and at 90c its danger zone and you need to pull the plug out .
i need some one to confirm this , that 65-75c while gaming is no risk at all and safe , although i will render images so CPU will be (not now , in future) under alot of pressure and i have to change to AIO ( i think) But for now the thing is 65-75c issue .

65 - 75 under stress is the the norm, you won't get any less. I played all night last night and was at 68 average, that's perfectly normal. 80 is not dangerous neither is 90. What is does is that over 90 and over time the lifespan of your processor will decrease.

You cannot...
Mar 3, 2022
I would leave the CPU fan alone and just let the motherboard control it.
my fan is not really good for my cpu , its weak , and on idle its 45c , (its a cheap air cooler) , the max of this cooler is 2070 RPM , and i need to put the fan speed that high for a safe use , in other case its going up to 65 or 68 .

Edit : yesterday , some guy told me i should buy AIO for it , and there is no other ways around it , and AIOs here (where i live\) are really expensive and i can't afford them .

Mar 15, 2022
65ºC - 68ºC are not high temperatures for a CPU under stress, neither is 45ºC on idle (maybe slightly high there). It sounds to me like you're thinking you have a problem where there is none. When gaming your CPU andf GFX cores cna easily run in the 70s and 80s, even peak into the 90s (although the latter may be a bit extreme). I don't think there's anything to worry anbout here?

Or am I under false impressions and CPUs should really run a lot cooler?

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2022
65ºC - 68ºC are not high temperatures for a CPU under stress, neither is 45ºC on idle (maybe slightly high there). It sounds to me like you're thinking you have a problem where there is none. When gaming your CPU andf GFX cores cna easily run in the 70s and 80s, even peak into the 90s (although the latter may be a bit extreme). I don't think there's anything to worry anbout here?

Or am I under false impressions and CPUs should really run a lot cooler?
thnaks for the info , i have heared from different sources that 65-75c is ok while gaming , until it doesn't reach 80c (its at high risk) and at 90c its danger zone and you need to pull the plug out .
i need some one to confirm this , that 65-75c while gaming is no risk at all and safe , although i will render images so CPU will be (not now , in future) under alot of pressure and i have to change to AIO ( i think) But for now the thing is 65-75c issue .

You do not have to switch to an AIO. An AIO is just a different way of cooling, low end small AIO’s cool worse than an average air cooler. AIO does not always mean better cooler. The large top end AIO are very good but you don’t need one for an i5 11400. What case do you have? Hopefully a good air cooler will do the job.

How many case fans are installed?

Mar 3, 2022
You do not have to switch to an AIO. An AIO is just a different way of cooling, low end small AIO’s cool worse than an average air cooler. AIO does not always mean better cooler. The large top end AIO are very good but you don’t need one for an i5 11400. What case do you have? Hopefully a good air cooler will do the job.

How many case fans are installed?
thanks alot champ
this is my case ( it has 5 , 120mm fans on it )
and this is my air cooler

my friends recommended ( HYPER 212 LED TURBO ARGB )

thanks alot champ
this is my case ( it has 5 , 120mm fans on it )
and this is my air cooler

my friends recommended ( HYPER 212 LED TURBO ARGB )
It says that case supports coolers up to 160mm. The Hyper 212 should fit but it’s very tight at 159mm. I don’t know how it compare to your current cooler, it should be better as it has twice the number of heat pipes and looks to have more cooling fin area.

Mar 3, 2022
It says that case supports coolers up to 160mm. The Hyper 212 should fit but it’s very tight at 159mm. I don’t know how it compare to your current cooler, it should be better as it has twice the number of heat pipes and looks to have more cooling fin area.
thanks , i didn't understand 1 part , you are saying that the hyper 212 might not fit ?

Mar 15, 2022

65 - 75 under stress is the the norm, you won't get any less. I played all night last night and was at 68 average, that's perfectly normal. 80 is not dangerous neither is 90. What is does is that over 90 and over time the lifespan of your processor will decrease.

You cannot "fry" or damage your processor. They have protection mechanimsms and will simply throttle when they get too hot or shut off if they overheat. That is usually somewhere near 100.

So as long as you don't permanently run in the high 80s/90s you don't have a problem. You will not run much cooler than you currently do whatever you mount on your processor.

References to go by:

Idle: 10 - 15 above room temperature
Under stress: up to 75
In stresstest (100% usage over time): up to 85

Those are healthy numbers and nothing to worry about.

Last edited:
Solution
Mar 3, 2022

You cannot "fry" or damage your processor. They have protection mechanimsms and will simply throttle when they get too hot or shut off if they overheat. That is usually somewhere near 100.

So as long as you don't permanently run in the high 80s/90s you don't have a problem. You will not run much cooler than you currently do whatever you mount on your processor.

References to go by:

Idle: 10 - 15 above room temperature
Under stress: up to 75
In stresstest (100% usage over time): up to 85

Those are healthy numbers and nothing to worry about.
thanks alot champ :) , you really helped me .