Question CPU Fan controller problem

Mar 24, 2019
Hi all,

I have a issue with my motherboard that is very anoying to me.

Motherboard: msi x470 gaming pro
CPU: RYZEN 7 2700X
COOLER: STOCK cooler (wraith prism)

After a few time playing a game the CPU fan just stops without any reason. Consequently the cpu temperatura rises and achieves values higher than 80 degrees and one time hitted 90 degrees!

The solution is to open the msi command center and push the fan speed to the maximum value
I have the last bios version (1.9) and i dont know what to do to solve this problem.

It is happening a lot of times after a use of maybe 1h or 2h after the pc is on.
Now, i am having this problem even at the pc start!

I dont want to use the msi afterburner all the time to see if the cpu fan is working or not and is very stupid to push the fan speed to the maximum if i have a curve configured in the bios.

Can you help me?

Lutfij

Titan
Can you list your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Have you tried removing the CMOS battery from the board and replacing it after 15 minutes? Just to double check, is the CPU cooler connected off of the CPU_FAN header on your board?

Mar 24, 2019
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard: MSI x470 gaming pro
Ram: Trident 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 (XMP profile)
SSD: Crucial MX500 500GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
GPU: Gigabytr RTX 2080 Gamin OC
PSU: SEASONIC 650W 80 plus gold
Chassis: cooler master MB500 tuf edition

Cpu fan is connected in the cpu_fan header of the motherboard. I can control the fan manually from every software. I think the problem is in the controller in the motherboard bios.

I saw yesterday in the msi command center that the control temperature is freezed at 10 degrees and because of that the cpu fan is at 0 rpm.

I am no using software to control the cpu fan. The control is done by the motherboard accordingly with the curve in the bios. I have used the msi command center after the problem happened to push the fan to 100% because the cpu hitted 90 degrees!

I have already removed the cmos battery for 20s and put it again and the problem continues.