[SOLVED] "CPU Fan error" "CPU Temperature error" after replacing sparked psu

Dec 6, 2020
Alright guys,

So this morning I started my PC and then went and did a few other things. I came back a few hours later and only the mobo light was on and the PC wouldn't boot. Tried to flip the PSU switch and then the psu popped loudly and then sparked.

I rushed out and got a new psu and plugged everything in, luckily all the fans and lights came on. After setting everything up when I boot the computer I'm getting a cpu Fan error and cpu temperature error. The bios is showing a temperature of 80 celcius and then goes up then the computer will power off automatically. I'm thinking it may be the AIO? Is there a chance my 5900 is fried?

If anyone could help me would be much appreciated as this computer is 1 week old!!

5900x
6800xt
Kraken Z63

Solution
Actually, I think I solved it. I didn't swag the EVGA sata cable for the corsair one. Just swapped it out and the system booted.

Thank you for the quick replies guys!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of both the old and new PSU's? Make and model of the motherboard? A system isn't comprised of only the processor, GPU and the AIO(aftermarket)cooler.

I think you did a number on that processor with using a probable badly built PSU. Might want to take the processor to a donor system that supports it and see if the issue persists on the donor system.

Dec 6, 2020
Thanks guys!
The fans on the radiator are turning on but not full power.

The mother board is a Asus rog b550-f gaming. The old power supply was a EVGA 850 GA, the new one is a Corsair hx 850.

Dec 6, 2020
Actually, I think I solved it. I didn't swag the EVGA sata cable for the corsair one. Just swapped it out and the system booted.

Thank you for the quick replies guys!

Solution