ryanwyvill1

Honorable
Jun 29, 2012
Today I've just got a new case, PSU and GPU to put on my existing pc. I turn it on and it sounds good fans spinning, light on the cd drive and the power button. About 5 seconds into startup it comes out with this;

"ERROR: CPU Fan has failed

PC will automatically power down in a few seconds.
Service PC immediately to prevent damage to CPU."

Is this just a case of new cooler or should i really get it serviced?

nna2

Distinguished
if you have a aftermarket cooler, most of the 120MM fans spin alot slower than the stock cooler, so the bios thinks there's somthing wrong

if you can get into the BIOS, and Hardware monitor... you can set it to ignore the CPU fan

before you tell a pc to not warn you of a fan failure(not smart if a fan does fail i would want my pc to shut off before the cpu overheated and melted). make sure at post the fan is moving. (could be a wire in it or dust). make sure not mb or power issue where the fan twitches and take you two or three on/off/on to get the fan moving.

scottiemedic

Distinguished
POST is Power On Self Test, it's what the computer does before/during the first moments of the computer starting (the screen that lists hard drives, checks memory size and the such, where you can go into the BIOS is the 'POST screen')

TRENDING THREADS