[SOLVED] cpu fan error help

danielfitz01

Prominent
Dec 29, 2018
Hello, I recently built my first pc, I am using a i7 9700k and I heard it runs quite hot and I didn't feel comfortable using a hydro cooler so I used a Be Quiet dark rock 4 pro cooler which has 2 fans, one just above the DIMM slots and another in the centre of the cooler just above the processor.

I used the ASUS Maximus hero XI motherboard and the cpu fan power pins where above a heat sink, this caused me to install the cooler near the end of the build which meant I wasn't able to to get the second fan in the centre of the cooler. The cooler works fine even with 1 fan with the CPU sitting at around 28 degrees Celsius idle.

But, the issue I have is that I installed the splitter that would be used to install both fans but only one of the fans is plugged into the splitter, this causes a error screen when the computer boots, it displays CPU fan error, at which point I have to go to the bios and then boot to windows. I can't take out the spitter unless I take out the CPU cooler which is all a hassle.

Is there a way to avoid the error screen so that it just boots to windows and if not, I had an idea but I don't know if its suitable or not. I have a spare case fan, and I was thinking, would I be able to install the case fan at the top of the case in front of the cpu cooler and just plug it in to the splitter. if anyone could offer any insight into this issue it would be greatly appreciated.