Question CPU Fan Error! + PC won't get out of BIOS after update

Jan 29, 2020
I just built my first PC and it's leaving me feeling incompetent.

I have:
MoBo: Asus ROG Maximus Hero XI (WiFi)​
GPU: EVGA 2080 TI XC Ultra​
CPU i9-9900k​
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x61​
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB (4x16GB)​
...I think that's all that's important.​
  • I was told that the Kraken generally will have this issue, so I set it to "Disable" monitoring and that has let my system boot fine. However, since I have other issues like the RGB not responding to the G.Skill app, I figured to look into any other updates or fixes I could perform easily.
  • Queue updating the BIOS...
  • I updated to 1401 through the standard means of internet update, no problem.
  • The system went back to saying there was a CPU Fan Error... ok I know how to fix this, so I disabled monitoring again.
  • But now, when I save and reset, the BIOS shows back up every time and never pushes on to the Windows 10 loading screen.
So now I leave it to you... what did I do, and what CAN I do to fix this? I hate feeling helpless but I've hit a wall and don't know enough about BIOS's to get out of this and just be able to play my stupid games on my expensive rig. :(

Jan 29, 2020
Brutal setup. Hope you get it to work.

You have 3 disks. On which is the OSS and what is the boot order in the BIOS?
OS is on the sabrent (cloned from the sandisk) but I figured out the issue. OS was installed in legacy mode so I enabled CSM, UEFI and Legacy boot and that solved it.

oddly enough now the pump LED is off... lol if it's not one thing it's another, but at least I'm back in business.