CPU Fan error, press F1, to continue

Tom Pake

Reputable
Sep 12, 2015
Hey, hi, sup, yo. So basicly I have recently built myself a computer and everything seems to be put together and working but when I turn it on I get an error message saying my cpu fan is having an error and then press "F1" to continue... I've seen many threads on this website and others on how to fix it yet they all say to change the RMP to like 400 or 200. Although I've done this and saved and reseted each time I always come back to the same error screen to where I eventually decided to choose the "Ignore" option but this means my computer is going to ignore major issues right? How do I fix this and go back to this screen... thanks.

Tom Pake

Reputable
Sep 12, 2015

Yeah this fan is definitely moving and I'm not sure about the rest...

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Well, make sure the cooler's fan is plugged into the CPU FAN header and not one of the system fan headers.
Then go into BIOS and check the CPU temp. Usually in the hardware monitor section.

Tom Pake

Reputable
Sep 12, 2015

Ok sorry that I'm not getting this but I'm not quite sure which spot I put the fan cord into... this is my motherboard: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-m5a97ler20 ALSO how would I get back to my BIOS?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
At the top of the board, there are 3 fan headers in a row. Sys Fan, CPU fan, Sys Fan. Be sure the CPU cooler fan is plugged into the middle header; the CPU fan header. If it is in one of the other headers, you will get an error message because the BIOS doesn't see the CPU cooler fan speed where it expects to.