CPU fan error press f1 to continue.

Hiesenberg424

Reputable
Jun 11, 2014
Hello guys, In the past couple of weeks my computer has been restarting itself at random. Maybe 4 times in the past month. I didn't worry too much about it until now. When I turned on my computer today I got a screen that looked kind of like this: http://imgur.com/kzRgAGL. It told me to press f1 to continue. When I pressed f1, my computer would almost instantly shut off.

I tried to start my computer again, and got the same message. I pressed f1, and my computer shut off again. The third time I attempted to start the computer, the computer did some repairs and in a few minutes I was able to log on.

Ever since I got the error message it has appeared that the fans on the computer have not been moving, or at least not as fast as they should be. Idk if this is helpful to see what is wrong with the fans/computer: http://imgur.com/AS266hb

Any advice on how to stop my computer from crashing would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
From looking at your fan speed picture your CPU fan should be listed there. Go and check that your CPU heat sinks fan is plugged into the right fan header. If it is the sensor may be defective on the CPU fan port but I have never seen one of the go out. According to fan speed the fans that are plugged in to the main board are giving you a reading. So the are working. But like I said your CPU fan is not listed. Also I would check your bios if it is reading the CPU fan if it is plugged in the right port. If it not reading it try resetting your bios or updating it than see if that fixes the problem. If that doesn't work the board is defective and RMA it if it is still under warranty. If it is not you could just shut down the warning for...

skippyboy92362

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2009
From looking at your fan speed picture your CPU fan should be listed there. Go and check that your CPU heat sinks fan is plugged into the right fan header. If it is the sensor may be defective on the CPU fan port but I have never seen one of the go out. According to fan speed the fans that are plugged in to the main board are giving you a reading. So the are working. But like I said your CPU fan is not listed. Also I would check your bios if it is reading the CPU fan if it is plugged in the right port. If it not reading it try resetting your bios or updating it than see if that fixes the problem. If that doesn't work the board is defective and RMA it if it is still under warranty. If it is not you could just shut down the warning for your CPU fan in your bios.

Solution

Hiesenberg424

Reputable
Jun 11, 2014

I haven't changed anything since I got the computer 14 months ago, so nothing should be plugged in the wrong place. I check to make sure the CPU fan wasn't somehow unplugged, and it wasn't. For some reason, today when I started the computer the error message was not there and all of the fans were running. I will reset the bios just to be sure it doesn't happen again.