Question CPU Fan error, Press F1 to open boot up.

Jun 12, 2019
Hi,all sorry if the grammar or it seems rushed as this post is written quickly(In a hurry).I ran into a problem when I moved around my pc a little.At bootup (Just moved it) I got my bios telling me "Cpu Fan error, press F1 to enter bios. This was unusual as I have never seen the problem before.My cpu is water cooled and I saw my temp for it was 80C! Usually its 40 and when I moved it back, same error but 40C.Re booted it and 80C.I tried the usual Ignore fan speed and even removed CMOS battery to reset bios and it didn't work. I have a Intel Core i7 4790k Cpu.I am unsure of the model of the cooler but its crosshair. Never had the problem before, Any help?
Edit1=I tried updating my bios but that didn't work either.I also saw a reddit post with about my same problem and he/she had a faulty motherboard.I don't want to take that step atm.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2019
Thank you for your help,Opened up my pc and oh my god the amount of dust..Im not just saying a thing layers im saying a thick black layer on the fan.I am cleaning the pump off and installing arctic silver 5 heat insulator on the cpu(Its coming) I really hope it works.

TRENDING THREADS