GabrielTomas

Honorable
Feb 16, 2014
Hello everyone...
I have a little problem, everytime I start up my computer, it gets the "cpu fan error" as soon as it appears a simple reboot makes it disappear, but when I turn off the computer the cycle repeats itself and I dont understand why...

*Its a new problem. My motherboard and cpu cooling system have 2 years max and this problem started 1 month ago only... So randomly...

PC Specs:
Cooler: Arctic liquid freezer 120
Motherboard: Asus Z97 E/C/SI
CPU: Intel i7 4790k

Can anyone try to help and explain it to me??

GabrielTomas

Honorable
Feb 16, 2014
How are your CPU temps? Is the AIO fan spinning? Is the pump working?

What is connected to CPU_Fan header?

CPU temps are ok, idle between 25-35, gaming or tasking between 55-70 (MAX). Fans are spinning ok. The cpu-fan header is connected with the cpu fan cable from the watercooling system. I have it installed for almost 2 years, and I've never had such problem... This started out of nowhere... And as I said, the problem disappears as soon as I reboot it after the first startup

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
That is strange then, and I've no idea why this would occur now.

You can disable the CPU_Fan error in the BIOS if you want - but you'll never get the prompt if your pump fails in future. I guess in it's current state, you wouldn't get that message reliably anyway.

GabrielTomas

Honorable
Feb 16, 2014
That is strange then, and I've no idea why this would occur now.

You can disable the CPU_Fan error in the BIOS if you want - but you'll never get the prompt if your pump fails in future. I guess in it's current state, you wouldn't get that message reliably anyway.

I have no ideia either... And the thing is, when I reboot my computer, and the message disappears, you can clearly hear the fans dynamically working and changing rpm's around the cpu usage ... I already tried to disable the cpu fan on motherboard but you can feel it doesnt work the same way

It bothers me so much that I everytime have to reboot it instead of a simple start up

GabrielTomas

Honorable
Feb 16, 2014
No, you're not disabling the CPU_Fan, you can turn off the warning! Won't change a single thing otherwise, except it'll no longer present you with the warning.

I understand. But if I disable the warning it may work without recognizing the fan itself and it wont work as it should. It's like, I got into BIOS when the error appeared and of course the rpm reader from the cpu fan was not recognizing anything at all, so I will not disable the warning and keep rebooting it until I find a solution somehow. Its all because, when I reebot it, the rpm reader starts to recognize the fan again and I feel safer