[SOLVED] cpu fan error

Oct 17, 2020
Hello guys i need some help about my bios settings, Im curently running an asus m5a97 r2.0 whit an cooler master hyper 212 evo ,and im encontering ths error when i start the pc, but after the secound try he boot normaly. Before this cooler, i was running an amd stock cooler whit 4500 rpm (100%) by default,and i read somewhere that error may be from the incorrect port and wrong rpm read(becouse this cooler have maximum 1500rpm) So the wrong port its not the issue becouse i put it right,so how can i reset the rpm?.

Last edited:
Solution
Check these two details.

1. The fan on the cooler MUST be plugged into the mobo CPU_FAN header.

2. In your mobo manual on p. 3-22, see the item called CPU_FAN Speed Low Limit. You can set the lomit that will cause the fan speed alarm to be issued. The new cooler you got says its fan normally should run in the range 6-- to 1500 RPM. So set this limit to less than 600 RPM (maybe 400?), and it should not put out any alarm until the speed goes below your new low limit.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Check these two details.

1. The fan on the cooler MUST be plugged into the mobo CPU_FAN header.

2. In your mobo manual on p. 3-22, see the item called CPU_FAN Speed Low Limit. You can set the lomit that will cause the fan speed alarm to be issued. The new cooler you got says its fan normally should run in the range 6-- to 1500 RPM. So set this limit to less than 600 RPM (maybe 400?), and it should not put out any alarm until the speed goes below your new low limit.

Solution