CPU Fan error

ezekial

Honorable
May 5, 2012
Hello everyone. So this is my first time building a computer and I've got the cpu/heatsink/fan, graphics card, memory, and power connected. When i press the power button I get one long POST beep followed by 4 short beeps and a CPU fan error message. I have a Cooler master 212 heatsink/fan and I added an extra fan to have a push/pull airflow. Both fans are spinning but when I go into BIOS, it only shows the CPU optional fan spinning at 600-700 RMP and it does not detect the CPU fan. Any ideas?

I have an Asus p8z77 board with an i5-3570k cpu.

Solution
Go into your bios on post, go to advanced mode, go to monitor, turn off cpu fan monitoring or turn off Q control completely (this lets all fans run at 12v).

Your processor fan may be running at too lower speed for the motherboards liking.

Check your temps when you are in windows to ensure you have adequate cooling

bleechy

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2012
Go into your bios on post, go to advanced mode, go to monitor, turn off cpu fan monitoring or turn off Q control completely (this lets all fans run at 12v).

Your processor fan may be running at too lower speed for the motherboards liking.

Check your temps when you are in windows to ensure you have adequate cooling

Solution

ezekial

Honorable
May 5, 2012
So i disabled the monitoring of the CPU fan and cpu opt fan, restarted, and the system had a successful POST with only one short beep and saying there is no boot drive.

The temp of the CPU is averaging 27 to 29 degrees C in BIOS.

bleechy

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2012

Install a hard drive (or windows onto your hard drive using the windows disk) and you have made your first computer!

batterycharger

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013
1, caused by overclocking, which is the work required of the machine too.
2, CPU Fans caused this, in our lives is very common. Such as: the CPU Fan is damaged, aging fan, the fan speed is slow.
3, CPU issues between the Fans. Such as: too much or too little silicone, cpu and fans did not close.
full reason to here: cooling-cpu-fans.com

TRENDING THREADS