CPU fan goes extremely loud on power up, followed with computer shutting down after a minute

Jan 6, 2019
So I’ve pulled apart and put my computer a few times trying to get it set up with a new case (which was faulty and I’m returning).
After putting my computer back together, the computer loads up same as usual, but next to the blue power light on my case (MX330-X) a red light also comes on.
My cpu fan then immediately goes from normal speeds to extremely high & stays that way for roughly half a minute, then my computer shuts down.
I doubt this would because by overheating since I’ve had this computer for over a year now and still no overheating issues.
My CPU usually sits between 50-60.
But keep in mind the computer shuts off within a minute of booting.

Could anyone please suggest what could be causing this to happen?

Thank you.

edit: It’s at the temp of 50-60 when gaming.
pc shuts down too quick after booting to access bios menu.
Manual also has no direction or explanation for what the red light means :/

Solution
I wouldn't discount that the cooler got jostled, so I would at the very least check to make sure it's mounted snugly.
...and I would also be looking into what the red light meant.
Can you even get into the BIOS quick? Sometimes the temps are displayed there.

...and if you mean your PC "sits" (meaning idles) between 50-60 I think that's too hot for a machine to be idling at.
I wouldn't discount that the cooler got jostled, so I would at the very least check to make sure it's mounted snugly.
...and I would also be looking into what the red light meant.
Can you even get into the BIOS quick? Sometimes the temps are displayed there.

...and if you mean your PC "sits" (meaning idles) between 50-60 I think that's too hot for a machine to be idling at.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS