CPU fan going 4000rpm+

Norbic

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
My cpu fan lately has gone crazy with an everage 3500rpm if not more. Mostly happens when i play games. Im not sure what a good temp is but im sure im a bit high on that. I got to pictures for you all to feast your eyes on.
yjget63a0dvhf56fg.jpg

h6iqdsjum6o3inyfg.jpg

It is still on the stock cooler. Do i need new cooler or perhaps to put new thermal paste on it?

Solution

The stock cooler of my old FX-4170 sometimes exceeded 6000 RPM; I would consider 4000 RPM really low for an AMD stock cooler. The temps were good (like they are in this case as well) but I got rid of the cooler just for a little silence, the thing sounded like a fighter jet.
G

My AMD FX 6300 gets 50-60C at full load and my fan is always running at 3500RPM (According to HWMonitor). And once while I was compiling some code, my CPU temp jumped to 70C and the fan's speed becamse 5000RPM (I could hear its loud voice) according to HWMonitor.

The safest highest temp for the FX 4130 is 60C.

BTW, in the BIOS, the Cool n'Quiet AMD technology is not turned on, so the CPU is running at max frequency all of the time, that's why you get higher temp reads in the BIOS. But if you were on your OS, the BIOS turns on The Cool n'Quiet technology so your CPU would be running at like 1500 GHz if it was not highly used, so its temp would be lower until its on full load.

The stock cooler of my old FX-4170 sometimes exceeded 6000 RPM; I would consider 4000 RPM really low for an AMD stock cooler. The temps were good (like they are in this case as well) but I got rid of the cooler just for a little silence, the thing sounded like a fighter jet.

Solution

Good to know - I don't have experience with AMD's stock cooler... that's rather hideous, though. :p