Question CPU fan going crazy on Asus X554L laptop ?

Mar 30, 2021
CPU fan speeds up like minigun and CPU tries to reach 0% usage (in task manager). Stops only when u shut down laptop.

I had this problem for almost a month and it happens complete randomly, the laptop itself works perfectly, but after a hour or so cpu fan starts to speed up.

I could be crazy but few times when i opened window it started to speed up almost immediately as well.

It also doesnt depend if cpu usage is high or low, pure randomness.

What methods ive tried to fix it with:
Cleaned dust from heatsink and other parts, set power settings on balanced, scanned for malwares

Will check specs some time later when im gonna be able to turn it on. Asus X554L

Mar 30, 2021
Hello, i do have a cooling pad and i cleaned it out of dust as well, the main thing is it doesnt matter how high or low the temperature is, after sometime it just wants to "freeze" itself and fan seems to become uncontrollable and only gain speed. But before this happens everything works well

Jacozeelie

Respectable
Mar 1, 2019
Well, the freeze is a problem, sounds like a heat problem, or it might be ram. But with the fan suddenly speeding up its sounds like heat and or something wrong with the bios. Have you checked for bios update?

Mar 30, 2021
Oops, missclick. I will check if bios is up to date, but the thing is, the period between stable working and fan going loud ( how to explain) seems to extend. Few days ago my laptop only worked for hour, then for half an hour, yesterday for two hours and few minutes ago it lasted 2hours 55 minutes before going crazy