Question CPU Fan issue

Mar 14, 2023
My Deepcool Ak400 CPU fan stops suddenly during working hours and makes a rough sound. I ordered it in Dec 2022 with a brand new kryonaut thermal paste of 1g, which cost around $12. Now company asking me to proceed with an RMA, but

1. I don't have another CPU cooler to use. And I have daily office tasks to do.
  2. If I need to replace the cooler heatsink again. Who will pay the charges for the thermal paste because of the faulty CPU cooler fan?

Thanks in advance.

Mar 14, 2023
The RMA is only for the cooler, you will have to buy thermal paste yourself.

the chance is high, that you can reuse the existing thermal paste (not recommended)
I used the remaining paste for GPU. SO no more paste. I guess I have to buy a new one, if they go for a full replacement.

Mar 14, 2023
If they want the whole thing back, it would just be more practical to just shell out the money for a fan so you don't have to lose the heatsink while you have work to do.

There is just about zero chance that any third party will pay for your thermal paste.
I guess so, The ball bearing in the fan seems broken or having issues. If they just provide a spare fan then it will be good for both the parties.