[SOLVED] CPU fan making buzzing/whistling noise

owem

Commendable
Apr 29, 2020
Hi forum,

Several days ago my one of my CPU fan making noises like a whistling sound (coil sound ?!). So I tried to stop the fan using my finger and the noises stops.

I decided to replace the fan, I got the new one, replace it, and the noises still there. I stop the new fan using my finger and again the noise stops.

The noises only happens when the PC is doing something light to heavy task, the heavier the louder referring to fan speed.

I don't know exactly where this sounds comes from, is it the fan header ? a coil or transistor around fan header ? or is it the motherboard itself ?

Thank you.

Solution
Hi forum,

Several days ago my one of my CPU fan making noises like a whistling sound (coil sound ?!). So I tried to stop the fan using my finger and the noises stops.

I decided to replace the fan, I got the new one, replace it, and the noises still there. I stop the new fan using my finger and again the noise stops.

The noises only happens when the PC is doing something light to heavy task, the heavier the louder referring to fan speed.

I don't know exactly where this sounds comes from, is it the fan header ? a coil or transistor around fan header ? or is it the motherboard itself ?

Thank you.
It's possible that it's minimum speed is at a level when it's at the border with it's minimum starting speed. You can go into BIOS...
Hi forum,

Thank you.
It's possible that it's minimum speed is at a level when it's at the border with it's minimum starting speed. You can go into BIOS and change curve so it starts at a bit higher speed.

Solution