Question Cpu fan not boosting with fan boost key on Laptop (MSI GL62m 7RD)

May 31, 2020
Hello! I was trying to undervolt my cpu (i7 7700hq) with throttle stop (cuz temps were reaching 95 C even after i had cleaned the exhaust vents). The undervolting went fine with temps ranging around 80~84 C on heavy gaming. But one fine day i saw that my fan on the CPU side was not boosting to higher rpms once I toggled my fan boost key. I opened up dragon center and saw the rpms while boost was engaged. The gpu fan sat around 6000 rpm and the cpu fan was at 2500 rpm. Few days later the fan went to 3000 rpm but the very next day it went to only 1950 rpm during boosting.

I have the latest bios and firmware, tried reflashing the bios and reinstalling the firmware too. Also used resetfan.bat thing which MSI had in one of their manuals (guide on the bios flash) but no luck. Did i damage the motherboard or can it be still be fixed?. Thanks..

May 31, 2020
Hello! I was trying to undervolt my cpu (i7 7700hq) with throttle stop (cuz temps were reaching 95 C even after i had cleaned the exhaust vents). The undervolting went fine with temps ranging around 80~84 C on heavy gaming. But one fine day i saw that my fan on the CPU side was not boosting to higher rpms once I toggled my fan boost key. I opened up dragon center and saw the rpms while boost was engaged. The gpu fan sat around 6000 rpm and the cpu fan was at 2500 rpm. Few days later the fan went to 3000 rpm but the very next day it went to only 1950 rpm during boosting.

I have the latest bios and firmware, tried reflashing the bios and reinstalling the firmware too. Also used resetfan.bat thing which MSI had in one of their manuals (guide on the bios flash) but no luck. Did i damage the motherboard or can it be still be fixed?. Thanks..
I also tried undoing the undervolting but no luck.
Tried resetting the laptop too.

Last edited: