[SOLVED] CPU Fan Not detected But fans are Working. Is something wrong?

gameoverman2016

Honorable
Sep 6, 2017
Hi All, I recently upgraded my I7 6700K to the I7 9700K(love it) but I noticed my Corsair software and bios both show no cpu fan working, but both fans on the H100i GTX are working

Here is a screenshot. Does this look normal? Thanks!

rrABMfs.png

Solution
That screen shot of the iCue display indicates that it IS detecting a speed of the PUMP via the CPU_FAN header (as it is supposed to do). BUT it is not detecting the speed of the rad fans. Now, in the Corsair H100i GTX system there are four cable connections to be made around the pump unit, so check them. One is to get power via a SATA PSU output, and I'm pretty sure that is working. One is the pump speed connection to plug into the CPU_FAN header. BOTH rad fans plug into side sockets on the pump, not somewhere else. THAT is how the rad fans are powered and controlled in this system, and that is how it can read the fan speeds. Lastly there is the cable from a pump side socket to a mobo USB2 header, and this is how iCue can communicate...

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
That screen shot of the iCue display indicates that it IS detecting a speed of the PUMP via the CPU_FAN header (as it is supposed to do). BUT it is not detecting the speed of the rad fans. Now, in the Corsair H100i GTX system there are four cable connections to be made around the pump unit, so check them. One is to get power via a SATA PSU output, and I'm pretty sure that is working. One is the pump speed connection to plug into the CPU_FAN header. BOTH rad fans plug into side sockets on the pump, not somewhere else. THAT is how the rad fans are powered and controlled in this system, and that is how it can read the fan speeds. Lastly there is the cable from a pump side socket to a mobo USB2 header, and this is how iCue can communicate its instructions for the system (including the rad fans) and can read the fan speeds. If iCue is not able to communicate via that cable, OR if the rad fans are not connected to the pump sockets, iCue cannot read those fans' speeds. Anothe rthing to check: IF it happens that everything is plugged in right but one of the fan connections is loose or dirty, the fan speed may not get back to the pump. If necessary, unplug those rad fans from the pump unit and re-plug them a couple of times to ensure good contact.

Reactions: gameoverman2016
Solution

gameoverman2016

Honorable
Sep 6, 2017
That screen shot of the iCue display indicates that it IS detecting a speed of the PUMP via the CPU_FAN header (as it is supposed to do). BUT it is not detecting the speed of the rad fans. Now, in the Corsair H100i GTX system there are four cable connections to be made around the pump unit, so check them. One is to get power via a SATA PSU output, and I'm pretty sure that is working. One is the pump speed connection to plug into the CPU_FAN header. BOTH rad fans plug into side sockets on the pump, not somewhere else. THAT is how the rad fans are powered and controlled in this system, and that is how it can read the fan speeds. Lastly there is the cable from a pump side socket to a mobo USB2 header, and this is how iCue can communicate its instructions for the system (including the rad fans) and can read the fan speeds. If iCue is not able to communicate via that cable, OR if the rad fans are not connected to the pump sockets, iCue cannot read those fans' speeds. Anothe rthing to check: IF it happens that everything is plugged in right but one of the fan connections is loose or dirty, the fan speed may not get back to the pump. If necessary, unplug those rad fans from the pump unit and re-plug them a couple of times to ensure good contact.

I managed to fix it, I had the fans of the pump connected directly to the motherboard instead of the male pins it was supposed to be connected to. This caused fans to work, but not be detected by said software.