Question CPU fan not detected fans stuck at 100%

Jan 3, 2020
So, I have a Corsair h100i v2 AIO liquid cpu cooler that i've had for about a year now. It has, since first installed, ran at 100% no matter what i do. Not only that but BIOS (MSI) says that the fans themselves are connected but that they are at 0 RPM which is not true. I cant change the fan speed in BIOS nor in software as ICUE or corsair link since the CPU is not detected.
Now there is no real problem with perfomance since the pump runs and the fans fly by at 100% speed but it is obnoxiously loud and its about time to change that. I did some research and people in the corsair community have similar problems and they all solved it by reinstalling a driver called "Corsair USBXp". They would find this through USBDeview. I installed USBDeview and couldnt find the driver. This is what i found View: https://imgur.com/a/Cmn2Yoj

so im stuck at the moment. Any clues? :)

Jan 3, 2020
What motherboard using and how did you connect fans and pump?
MB is MSI Z170A GAMING M7
I followed the manual and connected the fans mounted on the radiator to the cpu and the cpu is connected to cpu fan 1. The Corsair usb link cable thingy is connected to one of the JUSB USB 2.0 connectors.

Jan 3, 2020
I think i might have found the answer to them running at 100%, in the MB manual it says that if a non pmw (3-pin) is connected to a PMW (4-pin ) the fans will walywas run at 100% speed. I dont think my MB has a 3-pin cpu connector.Does that also mean that it doesnt get recognized by iCUE or LINK? And why is the cooler a 3-pin hello??

Last edited: