Question CPU Fan Not spinning fast enough / SLOW RPM in full load

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 11, 2022
6 months ago,I've bought a Dell 7010 SFF with I5 3470,16 GB RAM and GTX 1050Ti and last week I decided to buy an I7 3770.I've installed the I7,everything was great,except the temps.When I had the I5,the CPU Fan was increasing the RPM in full load,spinning the fan fast enough and my temps were like 60-70 degress in full load and 40-50 in idle.Now on the I7,the CPU Fan RPM are stuck,the RPM stays at 1090/1100 RPM either in full load or idle,and I have like 70-85 degress in either way.I've replaced the thermal paste 3 times,the CMOS battery and even reset the bios settings.Also,I can't choose the RPM in BIOS,there is only a option with full speed but is very loud.I don't really want to install apps like SpeedFan or HW Info.Please help! What can I do?

Jan 11, 2022
hello!

try this fix :)

1. Open “Control Panel” and click on “Hardware and Sound,” and then “Power Options.” A new window will appear.
  2. Click “Change Plan Settings,” and then “Change Advanced Power Settings.” The “Power Options” dialog box will appear.
  3. In the “Advanced Settings” tab click on the “Processor Power Management” associated with a plus symbol to open an options sub-menu.
  4. Select “System Cooling Policy” from the sub-menu.
  5. Click the down arrow under “System Cooling Policy” to reveal a drop-down menu.
  6. Select “Active” from the drop-down menu to increase the speed of your CPU’s cooling fan.
  7. Click “Apply” and then “OK.”
I hope you fixed your problem :) Good luck!

I tried your solution,it doesn't work.

steveb1976

Reputable
Oct 4, 2020
your case is a Small form factor case (SFF), they will gernerate more heat than a bigger case,so the fans will run near full, to cool parts down, and also pull the heat out. do you have a "STOCK intel cooler/fan on the cpu, or an upgraded one.?

you could go into your bios, and change the fan speeds in their.most motherboard,will have the option to set optimal fan speeds,. the bios will do a quick test and set them to optimal.

or as a last resort, you could buy a cheap mini atx case and move all the computer parts to that,(a case with atleast 1 front fan, would help.)

....or as a last resort, you could buy a cheap mini atx case and move all the computer parts to that,(a case with atleast 1 front fan, would help.)
Dell uses a proprietary layout in those SFF cases. You cannot use a standard case with those components.

OP, the 7010 was never intended to run in any configuration other than what was shipped thus the higher temperatures. These are not gaming machines, they are general purpose office machines. You want better performance then purchase the proper hardware.

Reactions: steveb1976
Jan 11, 2022
your case is a Small form factor case (SFF), they will gernerate more heat than a bigger case,so the fans will run near full, to cool parts down, and also pull the heat out. do you have a "STOCK intel cooler/fan on the cpu, or an upgraded one.?

you could go into your bios, and change the fan speeds in their.most motherboard,will have the option to set optimal fan speeds,. the bios will do a quick test and set them to optimal.

or as a last resort, you could buy a cheap mini atx case and move all the computer parts to that,(a case with atleast 1 front fan, would help.)

In the BIOS,there is only one option for fan control override,but that option increase the cpu fan speed to 100 and it will make my PC very loud.I just want my cpu fan work normal.When the cpu gets in full load, I want my cpu fan rpm increase.

steveb1976

Reputable
Oct 4, 2020
In the BIOS,there is only one option for fan control override,but that option increase the cpu fan speed to 100 and it will make my PC very loud.I just want my cpu fan work normal.When the cpu gets in full load, I want my cpu fan rpm increase.

you could visit a local computer store and ask them, what options you have to lower the fan speed and noise. , as its a SFF case and setup, you could be limited. you could ask if you swap out the stock 3pin cpu cooler , for a 4 pin cpu cooler (maybe 1 for 10/11th gen cpu), as they are more efficient(virtually the same size). it may lower temps. .. the 4th pin on most cpu coolers are for fan control.

you could visit a local computer store and ask them, what options you have to lower the fan speed and noise. , as its a SFF case and setup, you could be limited. you could ask if you swap out the stock 3pin cpu cooler , for a 4 pin cpu cooler (maybe 1 for 10/11th gen cpu), as they are more efficient(virtually the same size). it may lower temps. .. the 4th pin on most cpu coolers are for fan control.
Again, proprietary design. Only what Dell puts in there initially will work. Stock coolers (if they can even be made to fit) will only make matters worse.

steveb1976

Reputable
Oct 4, 2020
Again, proprietary design. Only what Dell puts in there initially will work. Stock coolers (if they can even be made to fit) will only make matters worse.

i know, i ment that assuming it was a stock intel cooler, for the i5/i7 for generation she was using(which intel used for most of there gens, the newer black stock coolers for 10/11 gen work better,, unless we see inside the computer we cant see what is inside. but as its proprietary the use might be better to get a refund.(if they can prove the temps are to high and might be faulty).

Status
Not open for further replies.