surfsup3841

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2001
I am installing a new motherboard and cpu. The mobo is an asus a7v and the cpu is an amd ghz processor. I installed the processor onto the board and secured the heatsink. The fan though doesn't seem to be working. I know its plugged in right but it just barely seems to turn when it is plugged in and it doesn't move at all when its not obviously. Its turning way to slow to cool the cpu. If anyone can help id greatly appreciate it!

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
what heatsink and what fan? Possibly the fan draws too much current if you have it plugged into the mobo and it needs a 3 pin converter to run from the 4 pin molex connectors from the PSU?

-* This Space For Rent *-
email for application details

G

Have you tested this system yet?
Does it work?

Or....
did u just install everything and turned it on and it only spins once?

If the system doesnt boot and the cpu fan only spins once, it means that the Motherboard isnt grounded or already BLOWN..

Incase thats what happened.

--call it what you wish, with this machine I can make mercury flow in 3 directions at once--

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
oh - why not cheer the poor fella up tbi? You could at least try and soften it a little bit - it's called tact.

surfsup3841

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2001
sorry guess i didn't give enough info. yea the system boots fine im having trouble getting into windows but i think a reformated hd will fix that. but before i try to spend time on that i need a fan so the cpu doesn't fry. im going to try the fan out on my old motherboard and see if that helps but i did test the new fan on the old board and it does the same thing, just barely turns, so im pretty sure its the fan now.

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
<b>im going to try the fan out on my old motherboard and see if that helps but i did test the new fan on the old board and it does the same thing, just barely turns, so im pretty sure its the fan now.</b>

Replace with a new HSF!

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
I still say what fan? Some new fans are too big to run off mobos nowadays. If it is a delta fan or something like that you need a 3 to 4 pin converter.