[SOLVED] CPU fan recommendation on my mini ITX built

Solution
I am in the US with a microcenter close to home they have this in stock noctua-nh-l9a-am4-low-profile

Wonder if the performance will be better than the stock one and worth the $56 dollars.
The Noctua-nh-l9a does not perform better than the Wraith Stealth cooler ...that Noctua is a very low profile cooler geared to cases with very low clearance.
Its been a while that I am out form building a pc. But thanks to covid I have picked some interest in emulation.

I have this case around Silverstone SG05BB-450-USB3.0 Mini ITX Desktop Case

I bought this mobo MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC Mini ITX AM4

and bought a AMD Ryzen 3 3200G - 3.6GHz Quad Core

Wonder if the stock fan will OK or is there some fan better for my mini itx built?
The stock Wraith Stealth cooler is OK.
If you need better cooling, the Noctua NH-L12S or Scythe Big Shuriken 3 perform better.

Reactions: buton

buton

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2011
The SG05 can take coolers up to 85mm tall.

How much are you willing to spend?
What country are you shopping in?

I would just give it a go with the stock HSF first.
I am in the US with a microcenter close to home they have this in stock noctua-nh-l9a-am4-low-profile

Wonder if the performance will be better than the stock one and worth the $56 dollars.

The Noctua-nh-l9a does not perform better than the Wraith Stealth cooler ...that Noctua is a very low profile cooler geared to cases with very low clearance.

Reactions: tennis2 and buton
Solution

TRENDING THREADS