[SOLVED] CPU fan recommendation

xpLoaDeD

Distinguished
May 24, 2013
Hi everyone,

My Corsair H100i died last week and im trying to find an air fan replacement that will allow me to do some OC to my CPU while fitting ok on my case.
My specs:
Core i7 920 (was running oced to 3.6Ghz with H100i)
ASUS P6T
Gskill 3x2GB DDR3 RAM
XFX 750W
GTX 780
some WD and an EVO.
CASE: NZXT Phantom 410

Please, i want to hear some recommendations on air cooling. Ive seen the 212 EVO and the Noctua but i dont know i they will fit or if they are LGA1366 compatible. Also i would like to maintain the oc configuration. With the H100i my cpu never passed the 60°C on load at 3.6ghz . I want to know if that is possible to get on air with that old cpu or eitherwise get and H80i.
Thanks.

Solution

You should be expecting load temperatures to be somewhere around the mid 60s. My additional fan recommendations include the following:

be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Cryorig H5 (The height clearance will cut extremely close.)

xpLoaDeD

Distinguished
May 24, 2013
yes i know that, but what about the other requirements? i mean socket compatibility and OC capablility. I will add that i run my case open from the side so the fan height wont be a problem. Im much concerned for wide measure.

xpLoaDeD

Distinguished
May 24, 2013
thats a beast of CPU cooler i know. But as far as i ve seen , its tricky to get where I am. I think im gonna go with the Hyper 212 evo.
Which kind of temperatures will i get with my i7 920 D0 with... let say 3.6Ghz?

You should be expecting load temperatures to be somewhere around the mid 60s. My additional fan recommendations include the following:

be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Cryorig H5 (The height clearance will cut extremely close.)

Solution