manosgms

Honorable
Jul 21, 2014
Hello guys.
I have a CRYORIG H7 QUAD LUMI cpu cooler. The fan is not working properly so im trying to find a cheaper solution than buying a new cooler. Can i replace the cryorig's fan with a pwm fan and connect it to the CPU FAN header?
Thanks in advance.

Solution
Yes, that is a good choice. I have beQuiet fans in this system (my birthday present last year) and they are very quiet. That model has much more air flow capacity and backpressure tolerance than the old one, so it certainly can do the job. What will happen, I expect, is that the automatic fan speeed control system in the CPU_FAN header it plugs into will run the new fan slower than the old one so that it delivers the same air flow and cooling capactiy as your old one. So it will be quiet. The big difference you may never actually experience is that, if your workload gets very heavy and the CPU is working hard, the new fan can continue to speed up and keep the CPU cool even under VERY high workloads.

prateek320i

Honorable
Nov 24, 2017
Sure, you can. If you're sure that your fan (supplied with cooler) isn't working properly, you can buy any 120 mm PWM fan and replace it. The next thing is the male connector of your new fan goes to CPUFAN, as you said earlier.
I'll suggest you to go with any 120 mm fan ranging between 1600-2000 RPM.

Reactions: manosgms

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Unfortunately the web page for that cooler says it comes with a QF120 LED fan (with white LED's only in it, not other colours, and not RGB or ARGB). BUT then their website says there are THREE different models of the fan. If we assume the one supplied is the middle one in that line, it has max air flow 59 CFM and max backpressure of 1.65 mm water. Both specs are important when the application is a finned heatsink that does provide significant backpressure resistance to air flow. It is in the common 120 mm fan size, with PWM speed control (4-pin design). So, without looking for the LED feature, check the specs of any you consider for both CFM air flow and pressure in mm water. Many capable of those two specs will be sold as "pressure fans", as opposed to "air flow fans".

manosgms

Honorable
Jul 21, 2014
Unfortunately the web page for that cooler says it comes with a QF120 LED fan (with white LED's only in it, not other colours, and not RGB or ARGB). BUT then their website says there are THREE different models of the fan. If we assume the one supplied is the middle one in that line, it has max air flow 59 CFM and max backpressure of 1.65 mm water. Both specs are important when the application is a finned heatsink that does provide significant backpressure resistance to air flow. It is in the common 120 mm fan size, with PWM speed control (4-pin design). So, without looking for the LED feature, check the specs of any you consider for both CFM air flow and pressure in mm water. Many capable of those two specs will be sold as "pressure fans", as opposed to "air flow fans".
First of all thank you guys for the response. I found the BeQuiet Silent wings 3 (High Speed)
Specs:
ModelSilent Wings 3 120mm high-speed
Dimensions (mm)120
+SilentWings
Fan speed @ 100% PWM / 12V (rpm)2200
Air Flow @ 100% PWM / 12V (CFM / m3/h)73.33 / 124.58
Air Pressure @ 100% PWM / 12V (mm H2O)3.37
Noise level @ 100% PWM / 12V (dB(A))28.6
Color optionBlack

So is that a good choice right?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: prateek320i

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Yes, that is a good choice. I have beQuiet fans in this system (my birthday present last year) and they are very quiet. That model has much more air flow capacity and backpressure tolerance than the old one, so it certainly can do the job. What will happen, I expect, is that the automatic fan speeed control system in the CPU_FAN header it plugs into will run the new fan slower than the old one so that it delivers the same air flow and cooling capactiy as your old one. So it will be quiet. The big difference you may never actually experience is that, if your workload gets very heavy and the CPU is working hard, the new fan can continue to speed up and keep the CPU cool even under VERY high workloads.

Solution

manosgms

Honorable
Jul 21, 2014
Thank you so much. Have a nice day!