Question CPU fan RGB lost 2/3 of the color options ?

Hockey85

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2012
I've never really been concerned about RGB but when I bought a new CPU cooler (and some other stuff) I made a long drive to Microcenter and they were sold out of the non-RBG option so I just went with it.

I got this one https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/coolers/cpu-air-coolers/hyper-212-rgb-black-edition/

Now my mouse and keyboard are Corsair and I use Icue for them, I have them set to both be blue backlighting for their RGB. My motherboard has a small light that is also blue. My case has a large light for the power that happens to be blue. So once I got the CPU fan installed I used the little RGB controller that lets you click through a large variety of colors, I decided to make it blue so everything at least matches.

Today I took apart my PC to clean and dust the entire build. When I turned it back on RGB on my CPU cooler was turned off. I used the clicker to try to set it back to blue and it now only cycles through 3 colors (red, green, yellow). In the past there were I believe there were like 12 color options, and now it cycles through the 3 colors listed above 4 times, but just the same 3 colors. Every component of my system is the same as before I cleaned it, every single wire and connection is in the exact same location.

Why would the CPU cooler all of a sudden just lose all the color options? The only software I have on my PC that controls that type of thing is Icue, but there are no options or settings that even recognize the CPU cooler. Ive always had Icue so I dont think thats making a difference.

Im totally dumbfounded as to why the CPU cooler would lose all the color options. What could cause this?

Lutfij

Titan
I had a similar thing happened to me with a Coolermaster AIO. I disconnected all the ARGB for the AIO, then powered up, made sure OS was operating optimally. Shut down., Connected one RGB device to the header, then powered up, and then shut down after getting into OS GUI. I repeated the prior step until all RGB devices were tethered to the controller, until all devices were deemed operational.

Make and model of your motherboard and the BIOS version you're on at the time of writing?