Question CPU Fan speed does not adjust with the fan curve

JeremyLoh

Reputable
Mar 21, 2016
Hi,

I'm using a R5 2600 on a Asrock B450m Pro4 M/B.

I have installed ASrock's software : A-tuning in wanting to control the CPU Fan Speed. However, it seems that the fan speed only correlates to the first point on the left of the fan curve. For example, if my first point is at 40 Deg C @ 40%, second point is at 50 Deg C @ 60% etc. the fan will always stay at 40% regardless of the increase of temp.

Is anyone facing this issue and anyone managed to overcome this issue?

Adjust the fan curve in the bios doesn't seemt o really change the issue and I've updated both the Ryzen all in one driver and the bios too.

shknawe

Respectable
Oct 22, 2016
I would make sure the fan control in a-tuning is not overriding your bios settings. I would check the fan control in A-Tuning and discard any settings and make sure it doesn't start up at windows start up..

Xbonepcnovice

Reputable
Feb 26, 2017
I am having the exact same problem on a asus b350 with a ryzen 2400g and stock cooler. Cpu fan speed wont go faster then first value set on fan curve. Could you please explain what you mean by choosing tcrl please

JeremyLoh

Reputable
Mar 21, 2016
Hey there,

The mb I am using provides the option to control the fan speed based on 3 options, by cpu temp, mb temp or tctrl.

Choosing the cpu temp, despite what it says, does not seem to change the fan speed regardless of cpu temp

I'm not home for a couple of days so I can't show my pc but basically this forum post says it all.

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8812&title=fantastictunig-not-working

In the pic from the poster, you can see three options to control fan speed as I've mentioned.

I'm not sure abt Asus motherboards though. Hopefully this helps you.

JeremyLoh

Reputable
Mar 21, 2016
Thanks for replying, this is an issue that has driven me mad for a thew weeks now. Im assuming these monitoring options are all in the bios?

Ya, I can understand , I literally adjusted the first point of the fan curve everytime I was about to play games before I could resolve this.

Yes they are, alternatively, you could check if asus has an app to help adjust your fan curve from Windows.

Xbonepcnovice

Reputable
Feb 26, 2017
Ya, I can understand , I literally adjusted the first point of the fan curve everytime I was about to play games before I could resolve this.

Yes they are, alternatively, you could check if asus has an app to help adjust your fan curve from Windows.
Ok, I'll have a look and reply if i ever find an answer incase other people are having this issue. Thanks again