Question CPU fan speed error

May 1, 2020
Hi
I have an AIO watercooler
DeepCool CAPTAIN 240 White
And asus MVIII Ranger
couple of days ago I took out Watercooler for cleaning After I put it back and started my pc I got this error message saying
CPU fan speed error detected ensure that the CPU fan is properly installed on Cpu header or just disable or ignore fan speed low limit in bios.
The temp is around 30 and everything is fine but I have no idea how to solve this error
I suspect I didnt plug in AIO correctly
The 3-pin cable of pump is connected to W-Pump and the fans of radiator are connected to a fan hub and the fan hub is connected to CPU-Fan
Any suggestion how can I fix this problem?
Or at least what is the right order for cables and where should I plug them?
I dont want to ignore this in my bios

Hi
I have an AIO watercooler
DeepCool CAPTAIN 240 White
And asus MVIII Ranger
couple of days ago I took out Watercooler for cleaning After I put it back and started my pc I got this error message saying
CPU fan speed error detected ensure that the CPU fan is properly installed on Cpu header or just disable or ignore fan speed low limit in bios.
The temp is around 30 and everything is fine but I have no idea how to solve this error
I suspect I didnt plug in AIO correctly
The 3-pin cable of pump is connected to W-Pump and the fans of radiator are connected to a fan hub and the fan hub is connected to CPU-Fan
Any suggestion how can I fix this problem?
Or at least what is the right order for cables and where should I plug them?
I dont want to ignore this in my bios
I would move radiator fans from hub and connect them to CPU_Fan header.

Reactions: Gebhard
May 1, 2020
What about the pump?
I know that there isnt RIGHT order for this
Some ppl do what they think is right and in the Watercooler manual it says to connect the Pump the cpu-fan then what is W-Pump for?
And is there any reason to not use the Hub?
BTW this is the Hub
http://www.deepcool.com/product/dco...y/Upload/aee56998c5034a728063abf39a9dc27f.jpg
W_Pump header is for water pump, mostly used by custom water coolers with powerful pump, could be used for AIO coolers too. They are speed adjustable, mostly tied to CPU temperature.
There are also AIO_Pump headers, not speed adjustable because most simple AIO coolers need their pumps to run full speed. for best results. That's if of course unless they have own controls.
PS. That picture shows just a splitter but you should use only for radiator fans, don't mix them with case fans.

May 1, 2020
W_Pump header is for water pump, mostly used by custom water coolers with powerful pump, could be used for AIO coolers too. They are speed adjustable, mostly tied to CPU temperature.
There are also AIO_Pump headers, not speed adjustable because most simple AIO coolers need their pumps to run full speed. for best results. That's if of course unless they have own controls.
PS. That picture shows just a splitter but you should use only for radiator fans, don't mix them with case fans.
so which one should I use for pump?
W-pump or cpu-fan?
When it is pluged in to cpu-fan it is running 100% and themp is around 25-27
I dont know if it is safe
but when it is pluged in to W-pump its much more silent than it is with CPU-fan and slightly hotter
another thing is I get cpu fan speed error with w-pump
Which one is safer to use?

so which one should I use for pump?
W-pump or cpu-fan?
When it is pluged in to cpu-fan it is running 100% and themp is around 25-27
I dont know if it is safe
but when it is pluged in to W-pump its much more silent than it is with CPU-fan and slightly hotter
another thing is I get cpu fan speed error with w-pump
Which one is safer to use?
I looked everywhere but not much attention was given to plug ins. Here it shows most
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMnOosz76Rs

According to that info looks like all power connection should go to hub and hub to CPU:Fan header. On the other hand pump is made to run full speed at 2100rpm. I would connect pump to W_Pump header and make it work full speed all the time. Fans to CPU_Fan header thru that hub.

May 1, 2020
I looked everywhere but not much attention was given to plug ins. Here it shows most
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMnOosz76Rs

According to that info looks like all power connection should go to hub and hub to CPU:Fan header. On the other hand pump is made to run full speed at 2100rpm. I would connect pump to W_Pump header and make it work full speed all the time. Fans to CPU_Fan header thru that hub.
Thanks for your help
Yes that's what I did
Pump to W-pump and Hub to CPU-Fan
But unfortunately there is one problem with W-Pump
It's when ever I turn on the computer I get this Error message:
I dont know why but even for other companies production there isnt really a certain answer for this problem
As I said before there isnt really the best order for it since DeepCool says in its manual to connect 3-pin to Cpu-fan and the hub to CPU-OP
But It will just run constantly at 100% which Im not sure if its safe
Im looking for safest solution that if pump fails MOBO can detect it and turn off pc

Last edited:
Thanks for your help
Yes that's what I did
Pump to W-pump and Hub to CPU-Fan
But unfortunately there is one problem with W-Pump
It's when ever I turn on the computer I get this Error message:
I dont know why but even for other companies production there isnt really a certain answer for this problem
As I said before there isnt really the best order for it since DeepCool says in its manual to connect 3-pin to Cpu-fan and the hub to CPU-OP
But It will just run constantly at 100% which Im not sure if its safe
Im looking for safest solution that if pump fails MOBO can detect it and turn off pc
Specs show only one speed for pump, 2100 rpm and not a range of speeds so to me that's clear sign it's made to run at constant and full speed.

May 1, 2020
Specs show only one speed for pump, 2100 rpm and not a range of speeds so to me that's clear sign it's made to run at constant and full speed.
But I found this in one of its review:
Specs-wise this particular pump can reach speeds of up to 2100RPM (+_10%)
And what more is that there is this white slot for pump 3pin cable So I guess pump should just be connected to Hub
https://www.nikktech.com/main/image...ol/captain_240_white/captain_240_white_19.JPG
And this is the product
http://www.gamerstorm.com/product/CPULIQUIDCOOLER/2016-01/1286_4653.shtml
But the manual says something else
I really dont know the correct way
Btw what should I do with that error?

Last edited:
May 1, 2020
this is quite laughable since even DeepCool doesnt have certain answer for the cables order
So What I want to know now is which header(W-Pump or CPU-Fan)is safer to use?
like when the pump fails and mobo have to detect it to shut pc down?