Question CPU Fan Speed Error

IllustriousTurtle

Reputable
Aug 24, 2019
When ever I launch my pc I get the “CPU Fan Speed Error” but all the fans are spinning and when in bios the cpu is at 35C. I have 1 the CPU Cord plugged into CPU_OPT and AIO RGB Unplugged. I have a cooler master cooler but swapped fans with NZXT Fans and used the NZXT Hub already in my case to power the fans and RGB. I assume this the issue but how do I fix it.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

What is the source (app, utility, OS) that is presenting the fan speed error?

Any details: e.g., rpms, %'s, etc.?

I would start by doublechecking the current hardware connections and configurations via the applicable User Guides/Manuals for motherboard, hub, and fans.

Ensure that any related software and drivers are up to date as well.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
As above, details required.

You say, "CPU Cord plugged into CPU_OPT and AIO RGB Unplugged" This tells us you have something UNspecified plugged into the CPU_OPT header and presumably nothing plugged into the CPU_FAN header. Right? It ALSO tells us you have an AIO system with a PUMP as well as RAD FANS. So where are each of those plugged in? Connections to the wrong headers are likely the reason for this error message AND why you will NOT get proper performance until corrected. With the details we can help fix this.