CPU fan speed is too high

vrebornsoldierv

Reputable
Dec 13, 2015
With chrome, steam, and discord on, I have 950-1000 RPM. I have an i5 4590, and it is using a Hyper 212 Evo. The temps are normal, at 40C. It's also making a lot of noise. I recently cleaned the dust out with compressed air a week or two ago, I did blow a little too hard though so IDK if that is a problem. I also have a windows insider preview build installed so that may be the reason but IDK, I'm just looking for solutions to fix this issue.

Solution
Adjust the fan curves, either basically in bios or more advanced through mobo software like Asus fanXpert or msi Control Center, or for the most extensive control use SpeedFan. CM fans on that hyper212 aren't the quietest by a long shot, so if you need something quieter that'll still handle the airflow needed (you are using the cpu considerably with all those programs opened) replace the fan with something from Phanteks or Noctua or such.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Adjust the fan curves, either basically in bios or more advanced through mobo software like Asus fanXpert or msi Control Center, or for the most extensive control use SpeedFan. CM fans on that hyper212 aren't the quietest by a long shot, so if you need something quieter that'll still handle the airflow needed (you are using the cpu considerably with all those programs opened) replace the fan with something from Phanteks or Noctua or such.

Solution