Question CPU fan stays Running very high at low temp

Mar 23, 2019
  • AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 8-Core
  • Asus Sabertooth 990FX
  • 16 gb ram ddr3
To cool the cpu I'm using a CoolerMaster Hyper Tx3 evo and when the computer starts the fans are running at arounf 200 - 500 rpm and when I play a game ussally go up 1500 - 2000 but now its been staying at 2000rpm and it very loud for things such using a word doc or browsing chrome, I have tried the stock cooler and another aftermarket cooler. All have the result, but only with slighty higher temp then the TX3 evo, which ussally idles around 25CC and 26C and while under games like GTA 5 and Apex, ussally 50C-55C which is not bad for a FX8350. When I exit the game the pc's temp now idles around 28 C but the fan stays running loud and fast sanme as the others.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Three things could cause this so you can check them.

1. Mounting of the CPU cooler - it should be very tightly held down on top of the CPU chip. If it is loose or tilted, or can be moved easily by hand, it is not making good contact with the CPU to remove heat.

2. Some CPU cooler systems arrive with a thermal paste pre-installed on the heatsink face and protected by a thin plastic film over it. You MUST remove that plastic film BEFORE mounting the cooler unit over the CPU chip. Did you do that? Or, if yours did not have that, did you install thermal paste yourself following the maker's instructions? To little OR too much can cause a problem.

3. In BIOS Setup (see manual p. 3-25) the normal configuration is to set CPU Fan Profile to Standard. If you set it to Turbo for max cooling, your fan will always run full speed. Check how this is set and change if necessary, then Save and Exit.