cpu fan stock vs after market

db003

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2013
hi everone im setting up my first build and i live in california where it gets hot as hell will my stock cpu fan do the job or should i get a better one and if so can you make some suggestions please here are the specs of what im going to build im not sure what ram to get if i have to get a new cpu fan i was going to get gskill ripjaws 2x4gb thank you for your help

Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core

ASRock H77M Micro ATX LGA1155

Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM

MSI GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1GB

Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Corsair 500W ATX12V

Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer

Solution

There should be no need for an aftermarket cooler. My other PC with an i5 2400 idles at 35-42 depending on the season, but it still rarely breaks 80+ C in heavier loads. Just make sure you have good airflow
for reference, ambient temperature atm is about 89 degress f atm (31.6 celcius) and my cpu(i3-2120) is currently idling at ~40 degrees celcius with stock cooler with a moderately well ventilated case(4 120mm fans, mesh sidepanel) load is probably 10-15 delta T

Azn Cracker

Distinguished
Please learn to use periods.

Since you cant overclock your cpu, i wouldn't waste money on a aftermarket cpu unless you have heat problems. So i suggest you construct your rig and then run some stress tests on it. If the temps are too high, then get a cpu cooler.

Those are two different people? :p

Also, I disagree with your recommendation on the 212 EVO. I'd recommend it if the OP were overclocking; since he's not able to, there's no need for an aftermarket CPU cooler unless he uses the stock one and isn't happy with it's heat dissipation / noise level.

fatboytyler

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012

There should be no need for an aftermarket cooler. My other PC with an i5 2400 idles at 35-42 depending on the season, but it still rarely breaks 80+ C in heavier loads. Just make sure you have good airflow

Solution

TRENDING THREADS