Question CPU Fan Suddenly Much Louder

cblefty21

Commendable
Apr 11, 2018
Hey all, I'm just wondering why my CPU Fan now is running at around 3000 RPM even when it is used only 10%. It seems to be making a louder whir sound now, rather than just fan spinning sound. Kind of like a hair dryer blowing. Any ideas how to fix? Thanks

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600x
CPU COOLER: *Stock Cooler that comes with it

Last edited:

cblefty21

Commendable
Apr 11, 2018
The CPU Temp doesn't update every second, but it seems to happen at any temp. I've noticed it has ranged from 55C to 75C. And by the way, my PC wasn't previously reaching that high of temps, it has only just started.

cblefty21

Commendable
Apr 11, 2018
Hey all, I've become frustrated with my recently loud CPU Cooler. For starters, this issue seemed to happen abruptly, not gradually. And second of all, this PC is only a month old, but my environment is dusty. I have now experienced annoying CPU temps/fan RPM. When sitting on the desktop, my CPU fan seems to be running at 3000 rpm just to keep the CPU under 60C. I tried going into power saver mode for Windows, and that does help the CPU temp go down, but it is still spiking like crazy every like 10 seconds. The CPU Temp goes to about 60C and the RPM bumps up to 3000RPM

Thanks

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600x
CPU Cooler: Stock cooler that comes with -> Amd Wraith Spire