Oct 24, 2020
So I had someone over to build my PC for me yesterday, we tested everything, everything was good and working (minus the aio pump). He left, I took the PC to my room and plugged it in and went to bed. Now to the next day, I just tried to turn it on to test with my new monitor attached, and now suddenly I'm getting the "CPU FAN not detected" on boot right after the TUF logo. I have the ID-cooling 240 CPU pinkflow watercooler, and matching ID-cooling fans. Even yesterday when everything was working and there was no "CPU fan not detected" message, it still said the AIO cooler was N/A. Right now I have it plugged into the CPU fan header (which according to reddit, has worked for others when its plugged into that location), but my mobo also has a slot specifically for AIO coolers. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm not exactly hopeful that will fix things if I plug the cooler into there, considering every single case fan says N/A in my bios right now (despite that I can see them spinning), not just the CPU and AIO. Other than putting the AIO cooler into its designated slot and a case fan into the CPU header, is there any other options anyone might be able to think of? I've already reset the BIOS back to default as well.

The guy who put my PC is coming back to my house in 4 days so if there are any suggestions or things you think might be the problem please share, so we can try everything if one thing or another ends up not being the right answer.

My parts:

I've had so many issues the past few days I just want this damn thing to work and not have to mess with it anymore, any help or insights would be extremely, extremely appreciated!!

Solution
The proper connections are this:
  1. The cable from the PUMP unit ends in a connector with 3 holes - plug this into the mobo AIO_PUMP header (Manual p. 1-14, Item 7 Code D. The idcooling system manual says to connect a cable from the PUMP to a SATA power output from the PSU. That is one way to get power to the pump without using a mobo header at all. BUT since you also have the option to connect instead to the AIO_PUMP header with a different cable, I believe you o NOT make that connection from the pump to a SATA output from the PSU. You use only the cable from pump to AIO_PUMP header.
  2. There is a Splitter to connect both rad fans to a single mobo fan header. Plug this into CPU_FAN header, Item 7 Code A. If you have NOTHING...

xenthia

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2012
So I had someone over to build my PC for me yesterday, we tested everything, everything was good and working (minus the aio pump). He left, I took the PC to my room and plugged it in and went to bed. Now to the next day, I just tried to turn it on to test with my new monitor attached, and now suddenly I'm getting the "CPU FAN not detected" on boot right after the TUF logo. I have the ID-cooling 240 CPU pinkflow watercooler, and matching ID-cooling fans. Even yesterday when everything was working and there was no "CPU fan not detected" message, it still said the AIO cooler was N/A. Right now I have it plugged into the CPU fan header (which according to reddit, has worked for others when its plugged into that location), but my mobo also has a slot specifically for AIO coolers. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm not exactly hopeful that will fix things if I plug the cooler into there, considering every single case fan says N/A in my bios right now (despite that I can see them spinning), not just the CPU and AIO. Other than putting the AIO cooler into its designated slot and a case fan into the CPU header, is there any other options anyone might be able to think of? I've already reset the BIOS back to default as well.

The guy who put my PC is coming back to my house in 4 days so if there are any suggestions or things you think might be the problem please share, so we can try everything if one thing or another ends up not being the right answer.

My parts:

I've had so many issues the past few days I just want this damn thing to work and not have to mess with it anymore, any help or insights would be extremely, extremely appreciated!!
Hi I would wait for the guy who has done the original job to come back and fix it.
But this usually happens when the cooling system is not able to communicate with the mother board for some reason, either one of the wires are damaged or the jacks are not firmly in place, or the cooling system controller circuit is damaged or probably some faulty settings in the BIOS, which can probably be solved using a hard BIOS reset for the most part.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
The proper connections are this:
  1. The cable from the PUMP unit ends in a connector with 3 holes - plug this into the mobo AIO_PUMP header (Manual p. 1-14, Item 7 Code D. The idcooling system manual says to connect a cable from the PUMP to a SATA power output from the PSU. That is one way to get power to the pump without using a mobo header at all. BUT since you also have the option to connect instead to the AIO_PUMP header with a different cable, I believe you o NOT make that connection from the pump to a SATA output from the PSU. You use only the cable from pump to AIO_PUMP header.
  2. There is a Splitter to connect both rad fans to a single mobo fan header. Plug this into CPU_FAN header, Item 7 Code A. If you have NOTHING connected to this CPU_FAN header, that would explain why you get that warning.
  3. All case ventilation fans should be plugged into CHA_FANn headers - you have three of those, Codes C, E, and F. These headers use a different temperature sensor on the mobo to guide their speed control. (The CPU_FAN header uses the temperature inside the CPU chip to guide its actions.)

Reactions: xenthia
Solution

TRENDING THREADS