CPU Fan Too Loud, How to control?

Feb 28, 2018
Here is my build to the computer: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/HRC99J

I built this computer and it was running fine up to recently when the cpu fan on my liquid cooler started being really loud and running at about 2000 rpm even though my processor is at 27 degrees celcius. I've looked into it, and I've tried to change the fan speed but couldn't find the setting. How would I change the setting so that the fan speed will slow down to where it needs to be?

Also, at the same time, I can't load youtube at all. If I go to the website, I see the logo up at the right top but can't click anything, and everything is blank.

Feb 28, 2018

There is a q fan control, but I tried turning it off, and it doesnt fix it. also im not sure how i adjust the fan speed either

Pat Flynn

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2013
You can try an app like Speedfan. I have it running with my Asus Z170-A, it works great to control 6 fans on the motherboard. You will need to disable Q-Fan in the bios to control them in windows, as well as use the advanced settings (Config->Advanced->Chip-> Select the 'Nuvoton') to set the PWM modes to 'Manual'. Don't forget to choose 'Remember it' on the bottom before clicking OK.
There's a lot of automatic control you can have with speedfan, read up on how to use it.

Feb 28, 2018

I looked into speedfan too, but I couldn't figure out how to use it because i didn't see all the settings that I was supposed to see. I saw a bunch of "DO NOT USE" when i went to the scroll down menu on the advanced part