[SOLVED] CPU fan twitches, but no boot up

Darknoxx0

Reputable
Dec 5, 2019
Just purchased a new Gigabyte rtx 2070 super oc 3x gaming. I installed it, but when I power it on, only the cpu fan twitches and nothing starts. There is absolutely no lights that indicate power, but when I unplug it, everything works fine. My CPU is almost 4 years old so I assume this may be the issue, but I'm just making sure.

Here's my specs:

CPU: i5-4790K (stock CPU cooler)
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme4
Memory: 8gbs ddr3 ballistix
PSU: CX 750M bronze
Storage: 1tb hdd (WD), 1tb & 250gb ssd (Samsung)

Thanks for any advice people.

Reactions: NewGTXsmell
Solution
So I can't establish whether it was a faulty cord, or because I was plugging a 6+2 pin cord into the psu. Nonetheless, I fumbled around for a while and eventually got it to turn on.

Before, it was giving me a, "Turn off and plug in power to RTX 2070" on my display. I assume it was the configuration of my 6/8pin connectors. Thanks for the help though guys. You may close this thread.

Darknoxx0

Reputable
Dec 5, 2019
So I can't establish whether it was a faulty cord, or because I was plugging a 6+2 pin cord into the psu. Nonetheless, I fumbled around for a while and eventually got it to turn on.

Before, it was giving me a, "Turn off and plug in power to RTX 2070" on my display. I assume it was the configuration of my 6/8pin connectors. Thanks for the help though guys. You may close this thread.

Solution
Dec 6, 2019
For anyone else who has this same problem description, my problem was in fact a dead card, and if yours is new mine was too used it for like an hour and it died. A replacement card works fine. Same make and same mode.