[SOLVED] CPU fan was not running, have I done any damage?

bazz5313

Honorable
Oct 27, 2018
Hi,
Just switched on my new PC. After a several minutes of doing the initial Windows 10 setup, I noticed my Be Quiet CPU fan was not running. (Could see it through the glass panel on my case). I switched PC off, and found that the Be Quite fan wire was not connected to the CPU Fan pins on the motherboard. All connected now and running.

I will be contacting the company that built the PC to complain. The connecter is quite hard to push in, so it has not just come loose in transit!

Have I damaged my CPU - I felt the back of the vanes and it was warm, nothing more. ? CPU was running from brand new for 5/10 mins without a fan.

Many thanks.

Hi,
Just switched on my new PC. After a several minutes of doing the initial Windows 10 setup, I noticed my Be Quiet CPU fan was not running. (Could see it through the glass panel on my case). I switched PC off, and found that the Be Quite fan wire was not connected to the CPU Fan pins on the motherboard. All connected now and running.

I will be contacting the company that built the PC to complain. The connecter is quite hard to push in, so it has not just come loose in transit!

Have I damaged my CPU - I felt the back of the vanes and it was warm, nothing more. ? CPU was running from brand new for 5/10 mins without a fan.

Many thanks.
If it's still running than not, modern CPUs have protection from overheating.

xravenxdota

Reputable
Aug 26, 2017
My brother had a cpu that ran 144c back in the day cause his coolers fan sieced and it worked for another 3-4 years 😁.If it runs still fine there's most prob no harm done.But it's always best to inspect the hardware before switching on.My brothers pre-build arive with nothing plugged in.It had windows on but they installed it using a different pc reason they didn't see it not working

Reactions: SamirD