[SOLVED] CPU Fan wont spin (new to pc builds any help is appreciated)

Jul 9, 2020
I recently switched my two sticks of ram from A1 & A2 to and moved them to A2 & B2

When I did that my cpu fan would spin for a second and then not spin anymore, which made me panic and shut off the pc so I dont damage my cpu.

I have a 600W power supply. 4 case fans, a RX 580 8GB

Ryzen 7 3700x (and the cooler that came with it) and two hard drives. The two ram sticks are both 8GB.
Is this a power issue or something?
(Ive moved them back and it then the cpu fan spins. Very confused)

Motherboard is a STRIX B350-F

Last edited:
Solution
I recently switched my two sticks of ram from A1 & A2 to and moved them to A2 & B2

When I did that my cpu fan would spin for a second and then not spin anymore, which made me panic and shut off the pc so I dont damage my cpu.

Ryzen 7 3700x (and the cooler that came with it) and two hard drives. The two ram sticks are both 8GB.

BIOS up to date ? Did you reset CMOS ? Check fan connections, maybe you moved them.

BIOS up to date ? Did you reset CMOS ? Check fan connections, maybe you moved them.

Solution