Question Cpu fan wont spin

Shaftyzyzyyz

Reputable
Oct 13, 2020
Hello, i got myself a new cpu cooler today, coolermaster hyper 412s. it had 3pin connector but mb had 4 pins and i plugged it in the mb. Question is, should the fan spin only when the temps are high or it should spin all the time? I played 2 wingman matches in csgo and the temps didnt go over 54c and the fan didnt turn on not even once, not even if i turn the pc on.

cpu: i5-3350p
mb: msi h61,a-e35
(dont mind that potato setup)

Solidjake

Notable
Sep 6, 2019
The TDP on that card is pretty low so it might be that the cooler is keeping temps low enough for the fan not to kick in BUT I think the CPU fan should be running at those temps. I would go into the BIOS and look under the cpu/fan settings and enable a fan curve. Start with 30% fan at 30C and make it linear to 100% fan at 60C to see if it kicks in

Reactions: jay32267

dimtodim

Reputable
Hello, i got myself a new cpu cooler today, coolermaster hyper 412s. it had 3pin connector but mb had 4 pins and i plugged it in the mb. Question is, should the fan spin only when the temps are high or it should spin all the time? I played 2 wingman matches in csgo and the temps didnt go over 54c and the fan didnt turn on not even once, not even if i turn the pc on.

cpu: i5-3350p
mb: msi h61,a-e35
(dont mind that potato setup)

at the first time boot system wiht new cooler fans should work at maximum speed, only after setting you can adjust them. as for the pins not a 3 on 4 problem just plug them in properly

Shaftyzyzyyz

Reputable
Oct 13, 2020
The TDP on that card is pretty low so it might be that the cooler is keeping temps low enough for the fan not to kick in BUT I think the CPU fan should be running at those temps. I would go into the BIOS and look under the cpu/fan settings and enable a fan curve. Start with 30% fan at 30C and make it linear to 100% fan at 60C to see if it kicks in
finally got into settings, didnt see anything about fan curve or something. ill probs just plug it in sysfan header